About Us

Rhydypennau Hall’s long history starts in 1920 with a wooden YMCA (Young Men’s Christian Association) building. This First World War cabin in Pembroke Dock was dismantled and transported by rail and horse and cart by Tom Hughes Nantyfallen and his workers, and re-assembled in Rhydypennau. It soon became a mecca for activities such as dramas, eisteddfodau, whist drives and all sorts of activities, not only for young men, but for everybody in the Bow Street area.

By 1952 there was demand to make a larger, less rickety building. Substantial sums of money were raised locally and the building work was done mainly by volunteers. Since then regular repairs and improvements have been done.

The community owns the hall and the trustees and the commitee do their very best to move with the age and respond to the needs of local residents.

During the lockdowns of 2020-21, much work was done on the Hall to revamp and upgrade its facilities and it now has three different size spaces which are suitable for all sorts of activities.

The Hall is situated on the main road and has a car park. It is also on the public bus route and there is a train station in the village.

Rhydypennau Hall is run by the Hall Committe and they would like to thank the following for financial assistance to carry out the recent work: Tirymynach Community Council, Ceredigion County Council, Eleri Fund, Sports Wales.